Museum Association of New York
Chartered in 1962, the Museum Association of New York is a member-based service organization that works on behalf of all museums in the state to strengthen organizational capacity and give voice to the field=s needs. Our programs help museums shape their futures in imaginative and innovative ways.
MANY brings New York's museum community together to
* foster organizational development
* speak out as a strong, unified statewide voice on museum-related issues
* address state legislative and public policy initiatives
* provide professional support and training for museum trustees, staff and volunteers
* promote museums as engines of economic development and key tourist destinations
* increase public understanding and support for museums
Services MANY provides:
* issues development based on member surveys and input from the field
* biennial salary and benefits survey, the largest of its type in the United States
* meetings, training, and networking opportunities; information referrals
* a membership program that provides a monthly e-newsletter with funding calendar and job listings, competitive rates for Workers Compensation, NYS Disability, and Directors & Officers Liability insurance, and a copy of the annual Legislative Guide
* advocacy activities and advocacy training
MANY's membership currently numbers more than 300 institutional, individual, and corporate members. Institutional members range from large, urban art museums to all-volunteer historical societies serving rural communities; they reflect the great diversity of organizations found in New York State. In addition to their financial support, MANY=s membership contributes expertise and space for the association's ongoing programs, and access to new stakeholders.
* MANY is a not-for-profit education organization and chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York.
* MANY is governed by an elected board whose members represent museums and historical organizations from across the state.
Your donations help:
Shopping donations will support MANY's ongoing work to raise visibility about the important educational role museums and heritage organizations play in New York State.